Before I start, I’ll be posting the answer to my puzzle tomorrow, so you have until then.
Anyway, after finally summoning the will to head out into the deserts of Silithus and grind some rep the other day, I can now proudly call myself exalted with the Cenarion Circle, something I’ve wanted for quite some time:
Rather than just make this into one big boast, I’ll be useful and give you my advice as to how I would go about getting this title / achievement again. Also, the WoWWiki page for the faction grind is here.
Tips and tricks for CC rep grinding:
- The best place for rep, hands down, is AQ20, which rewards CC rep almost exclusively for each mob and boss. The quest items which drop, such as the scarabs, are worth keeping until you can get the quests, which of course reward rep when you complete them. Despite it being a raid, AQ20 can be finished by just 3 or 4 people at level 80, but if you can’t get a group you could probably carefully go and solo it, as a Warlock, though it would be slow to avoid death.
- The second best place for rep is probably AQ40, but for this you will need a raid. There’s also the disadvantage that some mobs reward Brood of Nozdormu rep instead of CC (not a bad thing, but not good for this particular grind).
- Third, and the easiest method of repping yourself up, is to kill the Twilight Cultists in the various camps around Silithus – I visited the two west of Cenarion Hold. The mobs reward about 10 rep each (11 as a Human) and frequently drop the Encrypted Twilight Texts which can be turned in to a chap in the Hold for a good amount of rep, though the exact amount escapes me.
- Fourth, you can collect the set of clothing which drops from the Cultists and use it at a Lesser Wind Stone to summon and kill the elemental mobs. Each of these drops a Crest, and turning in 3 will get you some more rep. Obviously, you can do this while you get the Texts.
- You can obviously also do the quests for the faction – some are in Silithus, but some are spread out around the world. I believe there are some in Dire Maul, and a couple of the Zangarmarsh quests might give CC rep as well as Cenarion Expedition.
Surprisingly the grind (I had about 6000 rep to go) only took a couple of hours with the various turn-ins – I was just focusing on the third bullet point that evening – and it was much smoother than expected. Next up, the Zandalar Tribe!